Step 3: Agreement
READ AND INITIAL THIS AGREEMENT:
When participating in the 2017 Open Studios Art Tour and optionally the spring bonus weekend, you agree to the points below. Please read thoroughly and indicate your understanding by initialing the box at the end.
• I give ARTS Obispo permission to use the catalog image, any artist-in-action images and any information I submit on this application for non-commercial purposes of promotion and education in print or online.
• I understand each artist is required to complete an individual application and pay their individual fee and membership. Sharing a studio space with an unregistered artist(s) is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of privileges.
• ARTS Obispo promotes the Tour as a whole and it is up to each artist to promote their studio. If I market my Open Studio with flyers, email newsletters, postcards or any other promotional materials, I MUST include the following statement: "Open Studios Art Tour is presented by ARTS Obispo. Please call 805.544.9251 or visit artsobispo.org for more information."
• I or a representative of my studio will proof my listing and map location. If I fail to proof my listing, ARTS Obispo is not responsible for errors or omissions.
• Application fees are non-refundable. If an artist is not accepted, fees will be returned.
• I understand alcoholic beverages may only be served in compliance with and as licensed by the California Department of Alcohol Beverage Control during the Tour. For information, visit abc.ca.gov.
• I understand ARTS Obispo provides no liability insurance coverage to participants of the Open Studios Art Tour. As a participant in the Open Studios Art Tour, it is my responsibility to insure myself, my premises and my work against lawsuit, theft and other potential circumstances. ARTS Obispo strongly recommends that artists check with their insurance agent as to coverage for this event.
• I hereby agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the San Luis Obispo County Arts Council, dba ARTS Obispo, and its officers, agents, and committee members from any and all liability, loss, cause of action or claim that may in any manner arise out of my/our (individual, organization, business, group) participation in the 2017 Open Studios Art Tour and the spring bonus weekend.
• I also hereby release and forever discharge ARTS Obispo and its officers, agents, and committee members of any and all claims, demands, and cause of action of whatsoever kind and nature, including, but not limited to, damages or injury to persons or damage to property arising from and not by reason of our participation in ARTS Obispo’s Open Studios Art Tour.